Dear Library users and friends,
The library team are looking for volunteers to help, immediately and / or over the summer. This would involve a commitment of one day per week for at least three months, or one or two full weeks over the summer, or a combination of both.
This is an opportunity for:
- those with an interest in the research or subject areas of the Stuart Hall library
- those with an interest in libraries
- current library school students
- art, curating, cultural studies, and politics students
- pre-library school applicants to acquire basic library skills
- those looking to gain or improve cataloguing skills in relation to an art library collection
You will gain valuable insights into how a specialist arts library collection is managed and organised, and how artist residencies run in the library, by working on tasks which may include:
- Indexing and abstracting
- Introducing visitors to the artist in residence exhibition
- Collection care
- Image collections
- Guest blogging
- Library tours, talks and events
- Supporting Iniva's public events programme in the library
- Specific projects in consultation with the Library Manager
There will also be a range of other tasks, some of which are quite mundane and some more interesting. Professional library qualifications are not essential, but knowledge of how to use a library and search catalogues is required. We can provide training in library and information work, research skills, arts events and related areas.
Lunch and travel expenses up to £10 per day will be reimbursed.
Please email a CV and covering letter to Stephanie Moran, Library Manager, firstname.lastname@example.org explaining why you would like to volunteer at the Stuart Hall Library.
Stuart Hall Library